Re: The Direction of Debian

On  0, Niall Brady <bradyn@maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> bah... I get dozy if I get up too early :-)
>
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 07:48:42PM +0100, Niall Brady wrote:
> >
> > The problem is (and I'm not too hot on apt, so forgive me if I'm
> > wrong :-) that by default you can do 'apt upgrade' (or whatever the
>
> s/can/can\'t/
>
> > incantation is if it exists) to update a package and all it's
> > dependencies at the moment, safely.
>
> zap safely :-)  Can't be done at all...

If there is a new version available in the sources defined in
/etc/apt/sources.list then why don't you think that 'apt-get install
x' will upgrade package x and all its dependencies?  I regularly
upgrade packages like this, even mixing some sid stuff with a woddy
box.  What is the problem?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au