apt-get update problem

Hello,

 did an apt-get update & upgrade on my sid box (after two weeks) and I
got an error.  When I redo the upgrade part I get this:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages have been kept back
  gettext links scrollkeeper
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3  not upgraded.
2 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "nl",
        LC_ALL = "nl",
        LANG = "nl_BE"
Setting up binutils (2.12.90.0.1-2) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "nl",
        LC_ALL = "nl",
        LANG = "nl_BE"
/var/lib/dpkg/info/binutils.config: dpkg-architecture: command not found
dpkg: error processing binutils (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gcc-2.95:
 gcc-2.95 depends on binutils (>= 2.11.90.0.1-1); however:
  Package binutils is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing gcc-2.95 (--configure):
 binutils
 gcc-2.95
webworm:/home/rudy#

Ok so I try:

webworm:/home/rudy# dpkg --configure binutils
Setting up binutils (2.12.90.0.1-2) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "nl",
        LC_ALL = "nl",
        LANG = "nl_BE"
/var/lib/dpkg/info/binutils.config: dpkg-architecture: command not found
dpkg: error processing binutils (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
 binutils
webworm:/home/rudy#

And I try:
webworm:/home/rudy# apt-get install dpkg-architecture
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package dpkg-architecture
webworm:/home/rudy#

And I try:

webworm:/home/rudy# apt-get install gcc-2.95
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, gcc-2.95 is already the newest version.
[...]

This Is my first problem when using apt... what should I do to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance!
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org <-- UPDATED

Everything that can be invented has been invented.
 - Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899