Re: color text in terminals...

begin  Karsten M. Self quotation:

>   - I've got a copy elsewhere (even if this means shipping 300 MiB over
>     a DSL line for three hours, as I did this week)
>
>   - I know what I want to have happen to the files.
>
>   - I've tested the procedure on a test case first.
>
> When I punch <enter>, I mean what I say.

It also helps if, before doing something dangerous, you think about:

What is most likely to go wrong?

What are possible approaches to fixing that if it happens?

What software will I need to implement those fixes?  Do I have that
software?  Do I know how to use it?  Will it still work if this action
breaks something?

Going through this thought process will turn panic into precision.
Trust me, anybody who administrates systems will eventually (and more
than once) step on their unit with golf cleats.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it