Re: list archives

Mark Carroll wrote:
On 12 Apr 2002, Scott Henson wrote:

Is there something wrong with the list archives?  When I put in the
exact subject line of a thread I would like to see the beginning of, it
says no matches found.  I know the thread is there, but it isnt coming
up with anything.

(snip)

I've wondered that myself. If I use Google Groups to search for
"carroll winbook soundcard", I find an October 2001 article in
muc.lists.debian.user that I remember posting to this list. I
can't find that article in the debian.org debian-user archive.

-- Mark

It's been my experience that you need to ignore the notes that say things like "If you don't choose a group, 'user' will be the default" and "The last three months will be searched for by default". Specifically set those two things, and see how your search turns out. Also, if you use more than one word for the search terms, separate them with semi-colons (again, ignore what's *supposed* to work).

Kent