Re: diskless

I have a 6-machine computational cluster running diskless under Debian.
We are using a custom-compiled kernel 2.4.17. To get this to work, you
MUST compile your own kernel. The stock Debian kernels don't fufill the
requirements for diskless booting. I'm afraid I won't be able to recall
them all the requirements off the top of my head, but here are a few:
  * NFS support compiled in, not a module
  * driver for your NIC compiled in, not a module
  * NFS as RootFS support enabled
  * CRAMFS support compiled in, not a module
  * RAM disk support compiled in, not a module
Finally, when you make-kpkg be sure to include the --initrd option.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Does it work now?