Re: Installation

> Is there a "Windows-like" program that will allow Debian, during
> installation, to set up the peripherals, numbers, boards.  A detection kit.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean here.  Are you talking about automatic
detection of PCI boards? ISA?  USB?  The maturity level with linux in general
differs with each type of device.

First of all, there's really nothing about Debian that is "Windows-like".
That's why most of us use it. :)  You'll need to know some specific
information about your hardware configuration, but for most PCI devices, just
knowing manufacturer/model is enough.

If you have questions about a specific device on your computer, please send
more details.  The more information you give us, the more likely we will be
able to help.

Have you attempted an install yet?  Were you successful? What problems are you
having?

Please give us more information so we can help.

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli

 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   ||  NO ATTACHMENTS
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL       ||  NO STATIONERY
 / \  AND POSTINGS            ||  NO GRAPHICS