Re: Maildir performance & mutt (was Re: Someone tell me the secret of mutt)

begin  Pedro Zorzenon Neto  quotation:

>   I had problems in mailboxes with more then 5000 messages. They
> were very slow to open.
>
>   I solved it with a procmail rule that timestamps it...
>
>   Now I have monthly taged mailboxes. (Spool-2002-01, Spool-2002-02...)
>
>   I know it is not what you asked, but it can solve your problem.

I do this (on an annual rather than monthly basis) for a few mailing lists.

The few lists I'm on that generate enough traffic that monthly archives
would be really big, I simply don't archive locally. Most of them have
web archives anyway (debian-user, etc.). My debian-user folder has maybe
50 messages in it that I've found valuable enough to want to keep around
semi-permanently. The rest get deleted manually after I read them, or
after their threads have died.

Craig