Unidentified subject!

 I would like to change which controllers my disks are on, but when I do my
 system no longer boots.

 I have three ide drives on hde, hdi, and hdk.  My main system is
 completely on hdk.  I boot into hdk.  If I move the other two drives I
 can no longer boot into hdk.

 Depending on where I move the other drives I get one of two results when
 I try to boot into hdk again.

 1.  Usually I get 'L 01 01 01 01 01 01...'  Repeating O1's forever.
      For instance, this happens if I simply remove one of the other two
      drives.  According to the lilo users guide "this shouldn't happen"

 2.  Sometimes I get "Not a System Disk", that is, I don't even get lilo
 started.
     For instance, this happens if I move hde->hdi and hdi->hda.

 hde and hdg are an off board promise controller.
 I would like to remove this controller, but without it my system will
 not boot.

 I realize that once I get this working I will need to modify /etc/fstab.

 Thanks for your help.