debian on old notebook

Hi all,

I have few question. Most of time I'm at college and twice a months
I go home for a weekend. I dont have computer at home, and sometimes
I need to continue at my work (coding and writing articles in VIM).

I'd like to buy some old notebook and install Debian on in.
Right now I can buy i486 at 66Mhz, 8MB RAM, 500MB HDD
for $10 US dolars.

Is it good idea to try install Debian on it? Is it possible with 8MB of RAM?

I need it just for VIM writting, man pages displaying, and Lynx offline
browsing.

What could be the way to install Debian? I'm thinking that easist way
is to connect notebook with my computer with parallel cable and
install from internet.

Or should I forget it and save $10?

		Please share your opinion, sincerely Mirek