Re: [HELP] RAID chunk-size - alternatives

On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 03:34 AM, Russell Coker wrote:

Of course. As we all know SCSI cables never break. There must be something
about the IDE command-set which causes copper wires to corrode.  :-#

(I know this is a joke, but) actually there is. IDE has a wonderful feature of only talking to one device per channel at a time. So if that device just happens to die, guess what happens :-(

I've never seen SCSI cables corrode. I've never seen IDE ones fail to corrode, catch fire, and explode.