Re: Logitech Quickcam

On Thursday 04 April 2002 02:22, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running woody with kernel 2.4.18. I could get the above camera to
> work under linux fairly easily by compiling the 3rd party kernel module
> mod_quickcam.o. I can see the image either with gqcam or xawtv, but the
> colours are not correct. I tried changing the different controls under
> gqcam without any change in the colour quality. I tried it under Windows
> and found that the colours were correct. So, that rules out the
> possibility of a faulty camera.
>
> Is anyone using this camera and obtained proper colours? If so, can you
> provide some pointers to the same?
>
> Regards,

Ok here is my situation :
I successfully use a Quickcam pro 3000 using driver "pwc" i realized soon
that the camera works but i am not able to get to the maximum resolution and
everything was not quite allright... So i did some searching and found this:
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/
there i downloaded the "pwcx" module (8.1 here)
and just copyed it into my /lib/modules/mykerneldrivers/usb/
and loaded it with "insmod -f pwcx-i386" (note it wont work using modprobe
you need to force the module you will get unresolved symbols everytime you
run a "depmod -a" but it will work anyway with "insmod -f").
Now im happy running it well with good colours and all resolutions and
framerates supported by the cam.
I have never tryed the quickcam stuff cause this method was not elegant but
the result was what i wanted from it, it works fine with v4l too.
Hope it helped
cheers
Florian