[SOLVED] Re: Problems upgrading Python in Sid

> > Both apt-get upgrade and apt-get --ignore-hold upgrade give "The
> > following packages are kept back". Nothing is upgraded.
>
> Debian now has a dependency package called python which depends on
> the current default version of python and replaces python-base. Your
> problems are due to the fact that dselect does not currently
> understand "replaces:". This is a known bug. Do:
>
> # apt-get install python

As I said before in another reply, "perhaps some apt-get magic"...
It worked. Thanks !!!

> You should then be able to upgrade the rest of your stuff from within
> dselect. If there is still stuff held back post again.

apt-get install python removed python-base and upgraded all of the
packages but one.
Then, with dselect I upgraded that one (python1.5-tk) and it also
removed python1.5-base.

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix

Running the bleeding edge Debian Sid version 3.0
Linux luni 2.4.13 #1 SMP Sun Oct 28 18:30:53 ART 2001 i686 unknown