Re: Problems upgrading Python in Sid

> | It seems that python has some kind of dependency problem which
> | prevents me to purge python1.5-base and to upgrade some other
> | packages. I keep them on hold by now.
> | Here is what I see in dselect. If I try either to purge
> | python1.5-base or to upgrade the packages that are on hold, dselect
> | claims it has to deinstall LOTS of packages, such as most of KDE.
> | Should I wait until new versions arrive ? This problem is lasting
> | some two months now...
> | Any comment ?
>
> You want to get rid of "python1.5-base" and instead install
> "python1.5".  Many months ago the organization of the python packages
> changed so that multiple versions can be installed side-by-side.  You
> can have "python1.5", "python2.1" and "python2.2" installed
> simultaneously.

It doesn't worked, but it's likely that I'm failing to select the
proper packages. And I'm still using dselect, perhaps some magic with
apt-get can ease the problem ??
I did the following: marked python1.5 to be installed and
python1.5-base and python-base to be purged. Because dependency issues
relating the packages I've shown in my previous post (python-cddb,
python-tk & al.) dselect refuses to install python1.5 and keeps
python1.5-base and python-base instead. I tried several combinations,
to no avail.

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix

Running the bleeding edge Debian Sid version 3.0
Linux luni 2.4.13 #1 SMP Sun Oct 28 18:30:53 ART 2001 i686 unknown