Re: setting alias for DHCP client

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:

> > The main motive for this is that it should then be possible for the
> > DNS server to use this information.  Long shot?  Better go talk to our
> > network admin?
>
> only way DNS server could is if you managed to have the dhcp server
> send DNS updates (yes this is possible).  Why does your machine need
> multiple names?  Is it worth the hassle?

It looks like our DHCP server sends DNS updates (or the DNS server has
a chat with the DHCP server occasionally :-).  I need the alias to be
able to play around with libapache-mod-ssl, I think.
# Uhm, yes, this DHCP client doubles as a server of sorts.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            Epson Kowa Corporation, CID
LPIC-2               -- I hack, therefore I am --                 BOFH