Re: toshiba laptop support

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 23:11, chris Parker wrote:
> Has anyone gotten a toshiba satellite 1005-S157 to work under potato?  I
> haven't been able to get it to even boot---pci unsupported(unknown pci).

i have a toshi sat 3000-100 and hat the same probs: any debian version i
had did not boot although any suse version did.
but there were two workarounds that worked for me:

- take a debian bootdisk from the ftp server, it should be the ide-pci
favour with more bugfixes and stripped scsi support - this worked for me
- take one of the newer bootdisk images using the 2.4 linux kernel
version

HTH,

Timo