Re: rescue floppy

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, fti International wrote:

> My question is simple.  The size of the rescue floppy on debian web
> site, under the directory ..../...1.44/...., is 1.4mb.    But a floppy
> labeled "1.44mb", once formatted by DOS or Windows, has only
> 1.38mb available.    How can a 1.4mb-size file fit into a 1.38mb-size
> floppy?     I think I need help on this.

Thank you for reading the installation manual before posting to the
list, which had answered this over here:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-file-descs

Section 5.4.5 addresses the issue specifically, but I highly recommend
you start here, as you obviously haven't looked yet...

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.en.html

--
Baloo