Re: [HELP] RAID5 IN DEBIAN

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:51, axacheng wrote:
> I wanna migrate my OS (SuSE7.3 To Debian)!!!! and wanna use raid5 to accese
> date
>
> Everybody knows that where would i find VERY useful document or HOWTO about
> raid5 in Debian?
>
> I had already known some URL as follow:
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Boot+Root+Raid+LILO-3.html
> http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue17/raid.html

You can not load your kernel from a RAID-5 array (none of the boot loaders
support it).  So you need at least a RAID-1 /boot partition.

Most people who do software RAID use RAID-1 for their root file system too as
it makes many problems easier to solve.

What specific questions do you have that aren't answered in those documents?