Re: Solved: [newbie] Problems getting Xwindows working

The G450 is a dualhead card. Because you are not specifying which monitor is
connected to which vga port, as you would if you were writing a dh config, X
will default to #1. Look at the numbers on the backplate of your card and
check that your monitor is connected to vga port #1. Do not assume because
you can see stuff in console mode that your monitor is connected to #1. In
console mode the g450 gives duplicate output on #1 and #2.
That is something to remember for when I'm going to use both heads.

Possibly because you are trying to load the framebuffer device when you don't
have it enabled in your kernel. I have previously suggested that you comment
it out:

#         Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"

What effect did this have ?
The effect that I think I'm an idiot for not previously following your advice ;-) Shows that I shouldn't trust what some config program tells me over what a _user_ tells
me.

Thanks!

sincerely,

Ivo Wever