Re: devfs and tmpfs

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 03:55:48AM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
| OK, I installed devfs and it seems to be working OK, I'm wondering how I
| ditch the original disk-based /dev filesystem now.

Boot with a floppy or cd.  Then you can get to the contents of 'dev'
on disk.  (I need to do this sometime with /tmp, see below :-))

| Also, anybody try tmpfs, or should I stick with a disk-based /tmp and
| tmpreaper?

I'm using tmpfs.  The feature that hooked me was automatic clearing on
reboot.  I also get to avoid using any disk space for temp stuff.
I've got enough memory that the only time I have a problem is if I try
and stick more than 128MB of stuff in there (like grabbing several
source packages or something that I could just as easily do somewhere
else).

-D

--

Even youths grow tired and weary,