Re: More on RealPlayer and galeon

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 05:45:24PM -0800, Bill Wohler wrote:
> stan <stanb@awod.com> writes:
> > So hw do I make [realplayer] work in Galeon also?
>
>   This is what I did:
>
>     [root@gbr:541]# l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/rpnp.so
>     lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           28 Oct 29 12:29 /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/rpnp.so -> /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/rpnp.so*

Hmm, something is still not rigt here.

I copied that file over, and now about->plugins shows that tyep:

audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin  is handled by that plugin, but, when I go
to, for example cdnow, and try to play a realplayer excert. I get a popupt
telling me tat the Mime type is:

audio/x-pn-realaudio (Note teh lack of the -pln).

Yet Mozilla is able to play this excerpt.

What else do I neeed to do to make this work?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin