Re: Open Office on Woody?

On Saturday 02 March 2002 04:28, Pontus Edvardsson wrote:
> On Saturday 02 March 2002 01.07, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> > I noticed all the talk of Open Office on potato, but is it also on woody?
> > and, if so, where?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hi, I've been running it for a while on Woody, (2.4.17). As far as I know,
> it's not available as a deb-package. You can download the binaries from
>
> http://ny1.mirror.openoffice.org/641c/install641C_linux_intel.tar.gz
>
> //Pontus

I have some unofficial debs that I believe I downloaded from
people.debian.org.  The date on my tar file is October 25.  Should you check
the archives for that time period, you'll probably find a reference to them.
As to whether or not they're still available, I have no clue.

This is build 638 for woody.

OpenOffice is still too resource intensive IMHO.  But it is still usable.

hth

bob