Re: Debian Lists, USENET & Spam

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 08:27:13PM -0800, Paul E Condon wrote:
| Where is there a HOWTO or tutorial on using available tools (e.g.
| procmail) to filter spam? Is it something that the "unwashed masses"
| like myself can learn to do?

If you would like, I can send you what I have.

I made a script I that given a message on stdin will append the
address in the From: header to a file.  I also have a mutt macro that
invokes this script (and flags the message for deletion) with a single
key press.  This part is just to reduce the effort required to
blacklist someone.  I have exim setup to check that file against
sender addresses and return a failure notice (instead of delivering)
any address that is blacklisted.  It is really a simple setup (just
several components).

When I see some spam that hits my inbox, I press F12 and it goes away
forever :-).

-D

--

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet