Re: Matrox drivers + XFree86 package

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 23:23:35 -0500, "Justin R. Miller" <incanus@codesorcery.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a Matrox G200 card, and I'd like to use Matrox's drivers (which
> I've had success with in the past).  Unfortunately, I can't use the
> binary version, since I run sid and XFree86 is at version 4.1.0.1, which
> is not compatible with any of the provided drivers from Matrox.

Why bother?  The X drivers are perfectly good for the G200.  It's probably
only useful to get the Matrox driver's for the newest cards, or those
with OpenGL or some other special function not supported by the X drivers.
In general, X support for Matrox cards is very good.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>