Re: Matrox drivers + XFree86 package

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:23:35PM -0500, Justin R. Miller wrote:
> I have a Matrox G200 card, and I'd like to use Matrox's drivers (which
> I've had success with in the past).  Unfortunately, I can't use the
> binary version, since I run sid and XFree86 is at version 4.1.0.1, which
> is not compatible with any of the provided drivers from Matrox.

I don't know where you got this idea, but Matrox's provided v1.43 driver
works perfectly fine with the packaged XFree86.  Further, the packaged
open-source driver knows what a G200 is quite well.  I would doubt there's
much, if any, difference between the packaged driver and the one from
Matrox when it comes to the G200.

So it's really just a case of personal preference as to which you use. :)

--
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net