Re: NIST time

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:41:38AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Sam Varghese writes:
> > ntpdate always complains that it cannot find the time servers.
> > chrony runs without complaint.
>
> This has got to be a configuration problem, as ntpdate and chrony use the
> same protocol, the same ports, and can use the same servers.

I've installed and configured it the same way on two machines
which have identical set-ups. One runs without complaint,
the other used to complain about time servers and not keep time
properly. I read the docs, looked up some posts on it and checked
the settings at least 10 times. It never got resolved.
I installed chrony on the machine which was giving problems and it
functions as it is supposed to.

Sam
--
(Sam Varghese)