Re: Installing Woody via adsl

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 14:05:46 +0100, Antonio wrote:
> Is there a way to net-install Woody (or sid) via ADSL?

Possibly. It depends on the way your ADSL provider works. Mine provided a
modem with an ethernet connection and uses plain IP over ethernet over that,
and DHCP for network configuration. Others use network setups that are more
involved, like requiring your system to deal with PPPoE.

> I don't have a direct ethernet connection, but installing via ADSL would
> solve me a couple of problems.

You'll need to provide details about the setup your ADSL provider uses.

HTH,
Ray
--
I think the most important thing about Linux is that it gives people the
ability to do what they want.