Re: No color from my hpdj 690c after recent magicfilter upgrade (testing)

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

on Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 01:36:10PM +0000, Carlos Sousa (csousa@tvtel.pt) wrote:

I've searched the archived lists and found nothing on this. The dj690c-filter mentions -sColourMode=CMYK but all jobs still come out in black and white. It was printing OK under the old filter (cdj670), and I noticed the new filter specifies the PCL3 driver.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

Had you had color previously?

How are you configuring the printer?  Googled?

Peace.

The printer was working fine before the magicfilter upgrade. My guess is it's something to do with the pcl3 ghostscript driver or the way it is called by the filter. If I use high quality printing the colours appear but are very dark.

But this is all unimportant now because I just went and installed CUPS. It took me a few days tinkering with it and a few downloads from LinuxPrinting.org and the HP sourceforge site (for the jis driver, highly recommended for all you guys with HP printers, have to compile it though. It also requires the gs package still in unstable.), but it was well worth it.

Thanks.

--
Carlos Sousa