Re: basics about env variables

On 29/12/02 Robert Land did speaketh:

> NNTPSERVER=news.btx.dtag.de
> export NNTPSERVER
>
> then did a new init and tried a echo $NNTPSERVER
> which resulted in a blank line in response.
>
> What was my fault and was this actually slrnpull
> required?

    That is the correct syntax for setting environment variables in the bash
shell, even if it can be done in one line. Your syntax is not at fault here. I
can't speak to the other potential causes.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix