Re: Debian and IPV6

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 08:40:48PM -0600, Russ Cook wrote:
> netstat -A inet6 -an results in the following
> Proto	Recv-Q	Send-Q	Local Address	Foreign Address	State
> tcp	0	0	:::80		:::*		LISTEN

This shows that sshd is not listening to port 22 of an ipv6 address.

If you add '-- -6' to the end of the start-stop-daemon lines in
/etc/init.d/ssh, and then restart it, it should start listening to
your ipv6 address. It might, stop listening to ipv4 though, so try it
and see.

Another thing to try is to put actual addresses in the ListenAddress
lines of sshd_config (and uncomment them). You can use multiple lines,
one for v4 and one for v6. This is how I have it set up on my OpenBSD
box which accepts ssh connections in both v4 and v6.

-- Mark