Debian questions

Hello

Can someone please help me with these questions?

-I have Debian 3.0 running on a dual PIII Compaq.  Does Debian recognize and utilize both CPUs?  Is there a way I can check that Debian does use the two chips?

-I’m trying to install a SFA110A, SohoWhare, NIC card with the MX98713AFC chip and have it work through DHCP.  When I install the card and do a lspci, it shows up as an Ethernet card with the correct chip. I downloaded the source drivers from SOHOWhare which is I believe listed for Red Hat.  The instructions said that if I don’t have the directory ‘/usr/src/linux-2.4.2/’ on my system I have to upgrade. I tried upgrading the Kernel to 2.4.20 using make-kpkg but when I boot using that kernel version it can’t find a whole set of modules. How do I add this driver to the Debian system?  I’m using Kernel 2.4.18-bf24.

Any help would be appreciated especially for the second question.

Reaz