Re: RealOne Player

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 13:39, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Friday 27 December 2002 22:33, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 27 Dec 2002, Richard Kimber wrote:
> > > Has anyone got the RealPlayer working?  I can get as far as the
> > > registration page, but the OK button is greyed out.  Clicking cancel
> > > briefly starts the player, but it shuts down after a second or so.
> > > Perhaps I'm using the wrong version.  I used Linux libc6 i386 from
-- snip --
> Nope, AFAIK, Real is no longer offering the RealOne Alpha for Unix. They
> decided that it's not worth it, atleast not yet.
> Perhaps you shall use RealPlayer 8, it works for me  with no problem. Or
> someone might be interested to give you the binary (BTW, redistributing Real
> products is not allowed).

You can also try mplayer. I tend to avoid Real Media files like the
plague since I can't really stand the company, but all of the ones that
I've been forced to endure have played just fine through mplayer. And
now that they have full Sorensen support, there's really no major format
that I CAN'T play in mplayer. :)

-Alex