Mozilla: Personal Toolbar bug?

I added a folder from my bookmark file to the Personal Toolbar in
Mozilla 1.0.0, resulting in a lot of new buttons. I now want to remove
these entries from the toolbar (but not from the bookmark list). This
appears to be impossible.

>From the help file:

Removing Bookmarks From the Personal Toolbar

   1. Open the Bookmarks menu and choose Manage Bookmarks.
   2. Click the Personal Toolbar Folder.
   3. Select the bookmark or folder you want to delete.
   4. Press Delete on your keyboard.
   5. Close the Manage Bookmarks window.

Tip: To quickly remove a bookmark placed on the personal toolbar (not in a folder), right-click on the bookmark and select Delete.

Step 2 can't be done because there is no Personal Toolbar Folder in the
Bookmarks menu. And using the Tip deletes the entry from the bookmarks
file as well as the toolbar.

Does anyone know which file I could edit to try to eliminate these
entries from the toolbar?

This is a bug in Mozilla I suspect, unless I'm missing something.

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic