gnome package, gnome 2.0, and installing software newer than "stable"

I would like to install all the Gnome software, is there some package
that will do this?  I would like to use Gnome 2.0, which has not made
it to "stable" yet, are there known problems that would make this
unadvisable?

In general if I want the latest version of some software would I be
able to find it in "testing" or "unstable?"  I assume updating software
directly would break the package system.

Please reply via email as I do not subscribe to this list.

Thanks,
Adam