Re: New debian install, XFree86 cannot detect mouse

This one time, at band camp, Adam said:
> Hi I just installed debian and X, and X cannot detect my mouse.  There
> is no /dev/mouse.
>
> Adam

/dev/mouse is just a symlink to the real device.  What kind of mouse do
you have?  PS/2 are at /dev/psaux, and serial are at /dev/ttySx.  I've
never played with USB mice, but I'm sure someone can point you to the
relevant device file for them.  All this is assuming you don't use
devfs, of course.  Once you figure out which actual device your mouse is
at, you can create the /dev/mouse symlink so that other apps that look
for it can find it easier.

|  Stephen Gran                  | In war, truth is the first casualty.    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | -- U Thant                              |