Re: ntpdate from cron -- DON'T DO THAT!

* Lance Simmons <lance@lsimmons.net> [2002-12-21 19:16:56 -0600]:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 07:28:20PM -0500, N. Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Why don't you just run ntpd on the one machine that talks to the
> > higher stratum servers and use ntpdate for your internal network?
>
> Won't that still be bad for the machines on the internal network?
> Their clocks will regularly be reset.

Correct, but in this case, it is a decision made by the admin that
affects only the machines on his network and no one else. (For the most
part.)

Personally, I don't like how he has ntp setup either, but to be fair to
Nate, he did mention that he had some port issues with ntp which caused
him to go this way.

thomas

--
N. Thomas