Re: changing the IRQ number

Osvaldo Mundim Junior said:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to change the IRQ number of a onboard NIC (realtek 8100) because I
> have another hardware using it. I'm trying to use setpci, but I dont know
> the slot's number to set it up.
>
> How can I get the slot number of a onboard NIC (doesn't have one?) ?
>
> Somebody can give a instruction?

tell the bios that that IRQ is an ISA irq and the system should re-map
to another irq. Another way, is to move the "other" hardware to another
slot. many motherboards have slots that have shared IRQs with other slots
and/or onboard devices and it is impossible to change them. usually
the first and last PCI slots are configured this way, so use them last.
check your MB manual for details.

nate