Re: my .muttrc is locked (i.e., read-only)

-- Glyn Millington <glyn@millingtons.org> wrote
(on Friday, 20 December 2002, 07:29 AM +0000):
> Are you editing .muttrc while mutt is running?  Does mutt lock its config
> file when it is in action?
Mutt doesn't lock the config file while running - I've often made
changes to it while running mutt elsewhere.

As others have suggested, it's probably a problem with the OP's editor
-- it may have died unexpectedly while editing that file previously, or
a previous swap file for it may be floating around somewhere.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net