Re: Browser identity crisis

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 13:20, csj wrote:
> A certain site's javascript afaict has checks to identify whether
> the browser logging on is NS4 or IE4 or greater. Is there a way
> to get Mozilla to identify itself as proprietary bro Netscrape?
> This should be possible because I know Konqueror can do it. Using
> Konqueror I can proceed much further in this site, but with some
> difficulty, as the html support is less perfect than Mozilla's.

I had a problem like this.  What I did is found the login page that was
beyond the checks.  This allows me to use the website without going
through all the browser checks and no one is the wiser.  By the way I
tried getting galeon to call itself netscape or msie 5, but it
complained that it couldnt call itself mozilla 4 it had to say it was a
mozilla 5 based browser.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>