Re: Cron / MRTG problem

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 19:48, august macbeth wrote:
> i keep getting these emails:
>
> ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile
> (/var/lock/mrtg/_etc_mrtg.cfg_l) aged
> 0 seconds is hanging around. If you are sure that no other mrtg
> is running you can remove the lockfile
That happened to me once, and it was because I had 2 cron entries
running mrtg. (one was from the package I've installed and the other was
the one I've used when I've installed mrtg from source, and forgot to
remove when installing the package). take a look in all of your crom
files (/etc/cron*, /var/spool/cron/crontabs).
I also remember finding some answers to this problem (that is not caused
by double entries) in google groups, so maybe you can search there.

Bye
--
Haim