bash revisited

Hello users,

I posted a message regarding bash and what files it executes. Some replied that I should read the invocation section of the bash man page. I've done just that and while some questions are answered, others are not.
As far as I understand this, there are two ways of invoking bash.
1. interactive login shell or non-interactive with '--login' option
This will execute /etc/profile -> ~/.bash_profile -> ~/.bash_login -> ~/.profile

2. non-interactive login shell
This will execute ~/.bashrc

Now according to these rules and by using 'echo' statements in some files, it was obvious that I was using the non-interactive login shell. My .bashrc file does NOT contain anything that sets up a new PATH. So how is the PATH env set? Is KDM somehow executing something that I'm not seeing?

bp