X4.2 starting problem

Hi

I have a problem starting X4.2. It tells me:

***
(WW) s3(0): Failed to set up write-combining range (<memmory addresses>)
Symbol xf86InterpretEDID from module /usr/..../modules/libvbe.a unresolved!

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
Error:	bad length in Symbols
	Output file "/var/tmp/server-0.xkm" removed

Could not load XKB keymap, falling back tp pre-XKB keymap

waiting for the server to shutdown
***

I have no idea what this means to me. My problem is, that i had x4.2 running
on this machine. But it
was the binary release from XFree86 self. No i have romoved that one and
installed the
Debian-unstable X4.2 release (i need X4.2 beacause of the S3 chip support).
How could i get this
running again? Its fairly urgent... Any hints are welcome :))

cheers,
Raffaele