Re: bash

Typically .bashrc should return no output.  If it did, scp and ssh will
not work properly.  Rsync will refuse to run.  So .bashrc should have
aliases etc while .bash_profile should have stuff like you only need to
set once, like your path and any app variables (PILOTRATE, etc) and maby a
fortune command at the end to send out a random fortune cookie.  So the
general rule is there should be no output from .bashrc.

--

Arthur H. Johnson II
Senior Systems Engineer

The Linux Box