Re: HP Winprinters

Michael Kahle wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the ppa (HP "windows" printer drivers for
linux) website?
Here is the link that was on LDP's site, but I get a 404:
http://www.rpi.edu/~normat/technical/ppa/  The LDP documentation that I was
looking at is here (for refrence)
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Printi
ng-HOWTO.html#WINPRINTERS
Has this project moved.  I know this isn't exactly Debian specific, but if
you have any ideas...?

Thanks

Michael

You probably want the "pnm2ppa" driver, although you didn't specify which specific winprinter you are trying to get going. You can find some info on this driver at: http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=pnm2ppa. There is also a link to a sourceforge website listed there.

I have found the www.linuxprinting.org website an absolute goldmine of information on Linux printing... Worthy of a bookmark, IMHO.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-