alien and rpm

Hello debian users,

I just recently installed and successfully converted an rpm package to a deb package. I installed the deb package and there were no errors... or so I thought. The package that I converted was the j2sdk_1.4.0_01 and now whenever I try to run anything binaries from java, I get this error:

bash$ javac <any java source file>
Error: failed /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As far as I'm concerned, this is saying that it cannot find the libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 file. I've installed both gcc and g++ and I'm thinking that perhaps this file was installed but java doens't know where to look for it. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bp