Re: [debian-user] micq: show asia characters?

>--[Qian Gong]--<q.gong@tue.nl>

> I am starting to use micq. Is it possible to let it show Chinese
> characters correctly? Thanks in advance.

It should display them quite fine, however, it might calculate their width
wrong. If you want to have support for Unicode, you need to either wait for
the next version, or use the latest CVS snapshot. However, it still doesn't
know that some (that is, Chinese and Japanese e.g.) characters are two
character cells wide. However, it will do character conversion when
necessary - you can specify any contact's preferred encoding.

Btw, you better ask those questions on the mICQ mailing list.

Yours, Rüdiger (mICQ maintainer/author).

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.