Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2002 #827

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 07:54:53AM -0600, Larry Shields wrote:
> Rob - - To fix your problem with APT-GET in your sources.list comment
> out a few of your listing you have to many listed...Then try it apt-get
> again, continue commenting them out ### until it works...Since I have
> no-idea of how many you now have, worked for me...!! ;-)

Wasn't me with the problem.  The real solution was to add a line along
the lines of 'Apt::CacheMem = <bignumber>' to your apt.conf.  I can
never remember the actual line though, and I'm usually offline while
answering mail, so I can't actually tell you the exact stanza.

-rob