Re: agpgart & nvagp

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:42:19AM -0500, Edward Guldemond wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 09:40:58PM -0600, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> > I'm trying to test the nvagp, but the agpgart module continues to be
> > autoloaded when X starts.
> >
> > How do I stop the autoloading of agpgart without removing the
> > module or recompiling?
>
> >From Appendix D of /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.gz
>
> Option "NvAGP" "integer"
> 	Configure AGP support.  Integer argument can be one of:
> 	0 : disable AGP
> 	1 : use NVIDIA's internal AGP support, if possible
> 	2 : use AGPGART if possible
> 	3 : use any agp support (try AGPGART, then NVIDIA's AGP)
>
> Add that to your XF86Config-4 in the video card section.  Note, if
> AGPGART is compiled into the kernel, or is compiled as a module and
> currently loaded when you try to use NVIDIA's AGP, it will fail.
>
> Happy to help,

NvAGP "1" fails because the agpgart module is still autoloaded when X
starts. I do not understand how that happens, and how to stop the
autoloading of a kernel module without removing the module all together.
This is the mystery I seek an answer to.

--
Kevin C. Smith           | The people can always be brought to do the bidding
Debian GNU/Linux (sid)   | of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is