Re: Software RAID

hi ya tim

more software raid howto's  of different raid options
	http://www.1U-Raid5.net

- are you trying to convert an existing system to raid ??
- are you trying to make root-raid ??  vs just data
	root-raid allows you to keep booting/working even if one disk
	goes on vacation

	raid for data only ... ( my preference ) just to protect
	data from disk crashes ...

	system disk is on another disk than data
	( system disks can be rebuilt in a few minutes from scratch

- for starters use the raidtools2 set from debian on deb boxes

- keep in mind, that even if you have raid, you still need/want
  a backup system in case the raid system decides to mis-behave
  and/or you lost 2 of your 3-5 disks for raid5

c ya
alvin