Re: OT: Politics of Java

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> Ada "tasks" provide concurrency. I'm not enough of a language expert
> to discuss the merits, but folks seem to use them...

I'm not an Ada expert either, but the fact that people use it isn't
much of an argument. People do multi-threaded programming in C, too,
and ANSI C has _no_ concurrency support whatsoever. You have to use
OS services directly, or a non-standard library, to create threads,
to serialize access to shared data, etc.

Craig