Re: Large files support and libc

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 01:08, Dmitry Krasnov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm primarily FreeBSD user so excuse me if my question is too stupid for
> debian folks. I've used Debian 2.2 for telephony tasks last year with
> kernel-2.2.18 but last week I've tried to upgrade it to woody and
> kernel-2.4.18 because of large files support. System was upgraded smoothly
> but I can't make LFS work. According to many HOWTOs that I found on the web I
> have built and have installed kernel image and headers with make-kpkg. Next I
> built glibc with new kernel headers:

Kinda odd because I thought it should be automatically there if you had
a 2.4.x kernel.

> pharaoh# dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=1024 count=4500000
> File size limit exceeded

Yup finishes sucessfully here.  All I did was build a 2.4 kernel. Im
using the standard glibc that comes with Debian/SID but I have a server
running Woody, and that works as well.  What file system are you
running? Both of mine are on ext3.  If you are runnning ext2 that may be
the problem(though I think even ext2 has LFS now, I might be wrong
though).

--

Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>